Monday, September 30, 2013

Welcoming in Fall!

I love adding little touches around the house that welcome in the new holiday season, whether it is for Easter, Halloween, Fall or Christmas...you name it I love to decorate for it.  I have slowly been building up my Fall holiday decor and this year I even added a little DIY flower vase with a mason jar!!


This was a super simple project, totally able to accomplish during nap time, which makes me #onehappymomma!!  I received this mason jar long ago with some beautiful flowers in them when I had Olivia and I have hung on to it ever since.  I would be totally crazy if I didn't keep it!


I wanted to use this jar for some fake flowers that I used to have in my dining room, but I wanted to spruce up the jar for Fall.  Can you say SPRAY PAINT!!!  I purchased this can from Home Depot for $7, Rust-oleum Metallic Champagne Mist.



I am totally smitten with how it turned out and I am in LOVE with the color.   I think I found another winner and looking to see what else I can spray paint with this color!!!  I should probably shout out a big thank you to my hubbie since he is the one that actually picked out the color!!!

Originally, I had this flower arrangement with my "Welcome" sign, but wasn't totally digging it.  After seeing it for a few days I started thinking about simple ways to change it up, which lead me to using the mason jar.


I still like the flower arrangement, and I am sure I will find another place for it.  There is something about the updated mason jar that I really love!!


Here are the other ways I welcomed in Fall around the house!!  Let's start with the entryway shall we :)








You might recognize the Fall printable, and if not then make sure you go here to get your free printable!!  Next up we have our mantle.


I originally had the ceramic pumpkins with my Fall printable on the entryway, but liked them better on the mantle.


I absolutely adore these ceramic pumpkins!!  I purchased them a few years ago at Kohl's at one of their  after holiday sales!!

And because I just LOVE my new mason jar, here is another picture for you!! :)


Happy Fall Y'all!!  Has anyone else brought out the Fall in their home??

With much love,

Kristin


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.